From Solitaire Classic to Spider Solitaire, and Klondike to Pyramid, we have you covered with our free online Best Of Solitaire games collection!
Whether you are looking for classic solitaire, spider solitaire or something else in the wonderful world of solitaire we have you covered! Our collection of solitaire games covers an array of versions, from stalwarts of solitaire like Classic Solitaire
and Spider Solitaire
to the quirky cards of Klondike Solitaire
and Pyramid Solitaire
! Get playing now and enjoy your favorite solitaire games!
Fun Facts About Solitaire
- The word "solitaire" is derived from the Latin word "solitarius" which is a combination of "solitas" and "solus", meaning "isolation and "alone", respectively. It is thought that the word "solitaire" was first used in the 18th Century.
- You can be a professional solitaire player! You could earn as much as $250,000 per year from competitive solitaire games.
- The first game of solitaire is believed to have been played in Scandinavia or Germany during the 18th Century - long before you could play free solitaire online!
- The term Klondike solitaire is named after a region of western Canada, the site of a famous gold rush. This is also another name for classic solitaire or simply, solitaire.
- Spider solitaire recieved its name because there are 8 legs on a spider and 8 discard piles to be filled in order to complete the game. Also, spider and solitaire are an alliteration, so spider solitaire rolls off the tongue with ease.
- The world of solitaire is ever expanding and at present there are approximatley 1000 different variations of solitaire games.